Johari family buys back MaXposure Media from Gruner + Jahr

08 Dec,2014

By A Correspondent

 

The Johari Family has bought back the business of MaXposure Media Group from Gruner + Jahr (the publishing division of European media conglomerate Bertelsmann) for an undisclosed amount. Gruner + Jahr had acquired a majority (78.75 per cent) interest in MaXposure back in 2011. The remaining 21.25 per cent were held by the Group’s co-founder Prakash Johari.

 

Prakash Johari is leading the company as Managing Director and CEO of MaXposure and would continue to do so, along with his brother Vikas Johari, who leads the creative departments as the Publisher and COO.

 

Talking about his future plans, Prakash Johari says, “It’s interesting that we got this opportunity to get back in the exciting media space with controlling interest at MaXposure. We learnt and grew significantly over the last three years under the guidance of Gruner + Jahr. We plan to realign the company’s vision for the next three years under the new majority leadership and continue to expand our leading position in the corporate publishing space in India and enter foreign markets.”

 

The Johari family started MaXposure in 2006 and scaled it to be one of the largest magazine publishers in India. MaXposure publishes over 30 magazines in the corporate and consumer space, with India’s largest corporate publishing portfolio. It is the largest in-flight magazine publisher in the Indian subcontinent with in-flight magazines of Air India, Spicejet, Vistara.

 

Related Stories

  • No Related Stories Found
Post a Comment 

Comments are closed.

Today's Top Stories
Videos