Peter Mukerjea’s Media Mullings: Less is More! Posted on 26 Mar,2013 | under BLOGS The economics of the broadcast business would not hold up for very long anywhere if there was ‘unlimited inventory’ in any market and this is one of the reasons the economics of the broadcasting industry in India is so weak
Peter Mukerjea: 2012 Olympic Games – The philosophy of marginal gains! Posted on 17 Aug,2012 | under BLOGS In other words, they applied a terrific amount of strategic thinking into each and every sport and took a very business performance management approach to everything
Peter Mukerjea: GoodCo, BadCo & NewCo Posted on 04 Jul,2012 | under BLOGS Let’s not forget that it’s the profits of today’s so called BadCo that were used to acquire, build and grow the television businesses in the first place, which are now seen as today’s GoodCo
Peter Mukerjea: Thank you, TRAI (Now, please enforce it!) Posted on 16 May,2012 | under BY INVITATION It’s not the job of the TRAI to keep broadcasters happy at all times. Occasionally it should be looked at from the consumer point of view, which is clearly the case here
Peter Mukerjea: A Real Live Whodunnit? Posted on 24 Apr,2012 | under MEDIA MULLINGS By Peter Mukerjea So the tentpole industry event of last week – Goafest , is over for another year. Advertising , marketing and media industry executives will be back at their desks catching up with the backlog of work [...]
Peter Mukerjea: Murdochgate update Posted on 02 Apr,2012 | under BY INVITATION Sitting on the fence and watching these media moguls do a self-destructing act is motivating for those who don’t take life too seriously and recognize that being born with a silver spoon is as much a curse as a blessing.
Peter Mukerjea: Dream On… after all we’re in March 2012! Posted on 12 Mar,2012 | under BLOGS In Media Mullings, Peter Mukerjea envisages a scenario that will enable the media industry in India to reshape and reinvent and become truly ‘world class’.
Peter Mukerjea. Why no Indian papers in the lounge? Posted on 06 Feb,2012 | under BLOGS In Column #1: The absence of Indian papers at a Heathrow lounge & what irks him about NDTV in UK
- Links of the day (22 May)
- 1 Minute View: Is our media ready to tackle sexual harassment complaints?
- IPL vs Drama: Who will win this match?
- NDTV appeals against NY Supreme Court decision
- Preity Zinta to promote Summerland on Big CBS Love
- Vuclip provides third party authentication with Millward Brown for mobile ad effectiveness metrics
- Happy union for Aidem Ventures with Shagun TV
- Neo launches dual feed plan for French Open
- TAM updates Universe, adds 11 mn digital households
- IPL goes Be-Sahara. Group exits league, India team sponsorship not to be renewed