Kowkab Naim, Director/Chief Development Officer, Social Seety
1. Name of the Campaign: Chill Out Surprise
2. Brief: To create buzz about the product while keeping the brand proposition in the limelight
3. Research insights: More than half a million impressions – 1,50,000 people reached, 10 tweets per minute
4. The thought process behind the creative: In this hustle bustle of the city, people are often too stressed and thus ruin their day. And not only are they stressed, with social media they actually vent it out on different platforms. This insight tied down with our brand positioning of ‘take a chill pill’ very well. We saw Twitter as the perfect platform as it is real time and people share what they feel, right now! The idea was to surprise them out of nowhere and turn their stress into smiles.
5. Media vehicles chosen: Twitter
6. Key issues kept in mind while executing the ad: Quick turn around time, finding out the location of the winners
7. Does the treatment do justice to the brief?
With such a phenomenal response and curiosity for the second season of Chill Out Surprise, it definitely did justice to the brief
8. What according to you is the differentiating factor about the ad?
The differentiating factor would be the fact of how a brand used the platform and gave an experience to the user rather than just pushing the product information or discounts. An experience which was packaged in the form of a surprise; got us even traction as we managed to give the Twitter followers a reason to smile and of course to remember us the next time they are stressed.